.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
.

Dec 24, 2011

Night at the Museum

 

"One should either be a work of art or wear a work of art"
- Oscar Wilde



This winter I will be on an intensive architecture marathon (9am-5pm, everyday of the week) during IAP. It starts Jan 9, which leaves me no time to travel anywhere far, so I decided to make the best out of Boston this Christmas. As noted in the previous post, winter is peculiarly warm this year, and still no sign of snow. Christmas without  snowflakes bedazzling my windows is like Tết in Hanoi without juveniles getting arrested for motor-racing, it's just weird.

Fortunately, I didn't have to spend this Christmas drowning in Ben & Jerry's while belting to the Celine Dion classic "All by Myself". Not that there is anything wrong with the self-comforting act of plowing through a high carb diet. I just had a slightly less monotonous alternative - an invitation to a friend's company's private Christmas party at Boston MFA.

The museum is definitely among my most-loved places in Boston - particularly because it has a wing designed by my favorite architect Norman Foster. Although as an art/architecture student, I have to visit the place almost twice every month for papers and projects, there is nothing quite like the experience of strolling through the galleries while the museum is closed off to public. This is also the first time I set foot into MFA's new Linde Family Wing for Contemporary Art. Not exactly one that can rival the ICA but definitely my most anticipated addition to the MFA since their American Wing.

For my outfit of the night, I didn't want to religiously follow the predictable red+green Christmas scheme so I went with red lipstick and green ring for a subtle touch of festivity. Maybe I should call the look atheism-with-a-hint-of-doubt.

The night ended on an impeccable note, I was drunk on art, merriment and of course, champagne. And now I shall part you, my dear readers, with a season's greeting. Go get shit-faced and Merry Christmas.  







Dress: Jason Wu A/W '11
Clutch: Alexander McQueen snakeskin Knuckle-Duster
Ring: YSL Arty

No comments:

Post a Comment